- Election to the U.S. National Academy of Engineering (2005)
- Selection as a fellow of the IEEE (2011)
- The IEEE Simon Ramo Medal for systems engineering and systems science (2011)
- The TRW Chairman’s Award for Innovation, 1994
- The TRW Chairman’s Award for Innovation, 1996
- The TRW Chairman’s Award for Innovation, 1997
- The Army’s Order of Saint Barbara (1996)
- The iCMG award for system architecture (2012)
- The Northern Virginia Technology Council CTO-of-the-year award (2012)
- In 2001, the Force XXI Battle Command Brigade-and-Below project for which Dr. Siegel was responsible received the initial award from “CrossTalk, The Journal of Defense Software Engineering”, as one of the top five best-managed software projects within the entire United States government.
- In 2003, the same project received the Federal 100 Monticello Award.
- In 2004, the same project was selected as the “Most Innovative U.S. Government Program” by the Institute for Defense & Government Advancement (IDGA). IDGA is a non-partisan information-based organization dedicated to the promotion of innovative ideas in public service and defense.
- In 2005, the Tactical Internet project for which Dr. Siegel was responsible was honored in London, England, as the Battlespace Information “2005 program of the year”
- In 2011, the Force XXI Battle Command Brigade-and-Below project was honored with the 2011 iCMG award for best systems architecture
- Dr. Siegel is certified by the International Congress on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) as an expert systems engineering practitioner (ESEP) (2014)
- Dr. Siegel is a certified at the "black belt" level in the 6-sigma methodology (2002)
- The above are only examples; he has received dozens of other awards
With Dr. Simon Ramo, 2011, name-sake of the Simon Ramo Medal:
TRW Chairman's Award for Innovation, 1994:
Signing the US Army FBCB2 contract, 1995:
Signing the Network Hollywood contract with Randy Blotke of Warner Brothers:
With Larry Gold of Somalogic, at the building he endowed at the University of Colorado: